2009 ~ In Retrospect


2009 LPBoni Handwork, originally uploaded by ivoryblushroses.

This morning, I took some time to look back at the past year and all that I've managed to accomplish in it. On a day by day basis, it doesn't always seem like I'm getting much done, but looking at the big picture, I'm astounded!

For the above mosaic, I choose a picture of a piece of handwork that stood out from each month during the year... the things that gave me joy.

Swaps, Round Robins, Give-aways and Gifts 2009
As I went through all the pictures from the year, I realized that I had done an astounding amount of work for swaps, round robins, give-aways and gifts, so that is what this second mosaic shows. There were quite a few things that didn't fit!

Travels 2009
(l to r, top to bottom: San Francisco Peaks from Flagstaff, AZ; Antelope Canyon, AZ; Great Falls on the Little Colorado River, AZ; Montezuma Well Ntl Mon, AZ; Montezuma Castle Ntl Mon, AZ; Tuzigoot Ntl Mon, AZ; Colorado River at Glen Canyon Ntl Recreation Dist, AZ; Parry Lodge, Kanab, UT; Zion Ntl Park, UT; Bryce Canyon Ntl Park, UT; Pink Sand Dunes State Park, UT; Edwards, CO; my Mother's garden, CO; Colorado River, UT; Arches Ntl Park, UT; Monument Valley, UT & AZ; Kaweah River, CA; Sequoia Ntl Park, CA; Kings Canyon Ntl Park, CA; Longs Peak Scottish Irish Festival in Estes Park, CO; Rocky Mountain Ntl Park, CO; Wall, SD; Badlands Ntl Park, SD; Devils Tower Ntl Mon, WY; Ludlow Massacre Memorial, CO; Capulin Volcano Ntl Mon, NM; hiking in AZ; El Morro Ntl Mon, NM; Fort Union Ntl Mon, NM; Out of Africa Wildlife Park, AZ; snow in Flagstaff, AZ; Longs Peak, CO; Spanish Mission ruin, Raton Pass, CO; bouganvilla in Tucson, AZ; Saguaro Ntl Park, AZ; sunset over Boulder, CO. )

Back in the early spring, I realized I was becoming quite a hermit, rarely leaving home unless there was a need. Since I believe strongly that life is what you make it, I made much effort to get out and see new places and experience new things and took every opportunity to visit our country's wonderful National Parks and Monuments along the way. This last mosaic includes a picture of nearly all the places I went plus a few extra of Arizona and Colorado as they typically were where the journeys began and ended!

Wishing you a delightful and blessed New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts