Projects for 2010

Rather than making New Year's Resolutions, I've been looking at all the projects I'd like to finish in the coming year. Most are unfinished objects that I've started over the last couple of years. Looks like Crazy Quilting and Knitting are my crafts of choice these days! Although I hope to do more painting, both in oils and watercolors, this year as well.

There are a few new handwork projects to work on starting this month. I have signed up for the 2010 Bead Journal Project! I don't have anything far enough along to show at the moment, but I'm quite excited about this project, which for me will combine embroidery and beading inspired by my love of nature, gardens and little cottages!

Silk Palette
Then there are the crazy quilting round robins. I'm limiting myself to no more than 2 at a time so I have time to work on my own projects. In the next few days, I need to complete six 6" blocks for the Encrusted DYB (do your block) Round Robin. I'd like to use a palette of greens and brown but can't decide between using the lush silks above

Cotton Palette
or these nice cottons. Since the idea for encrusted crazy quilting is to cover the block with stitching/beading/lace, etc, I'm leaning towards the cottons and thinking of saving the silk for another series of blocks with mostly silk ribbon embroidery... after I complete some of the old projects above!

January doodles
I've also been doodling a little bit! The pincushion continuously has needles filled with bits of unused threads and so often, I end up discarding them as I no longer need those specific threads, but need the needles for something else. So using a scrap of linen, I decided to use those bits of thread to freehand some stitching rather than discarding threads. I'm going to use this bit for the cover of a little book!

Comments

Popular Posts